Latest Upgrades to Northern Raider
- Removed seats, stereo, rug, console, head unit, trunk battery and under-hood
- Metal cobra insignia
- Redid all the wiring from front to back, including for the new head unit.
Labelled all wires, and put into wire loom material. I also made a drawing showing what was in each cable group.
- Installed new head unit which is 2X DIN, into aluminum console. Had some
cutting to do
- Fixed up all the fibreglass pieces I made for the stereo system in the back seat,
then took them to a paint shop who did a little more finish work, then painted base and 4 coats of clear.
- Put tarry stuff on floor pan of interior, then covered with a rubberized material
that would not stick to the rug I then laid down. These materials will isolate road sounds from the cab. The stock sound
absorbent material had been removed when the sub-frame connectors were installed
- Made a new control box for the doors, windows and future automatic hood
control. Mounted behind the passenger seat under the rug. This box is simpler and better wired than previous.
- Made a transition piece between back end of console and stereo so that one flowed
into the other. Made out of fiberglass, had it painted as well. Lifting the piece exposes a storage area.
- Installed new AGM battery under hood and took the existing one for installation in
the trunk for the stereo system. I have a charge diverter near the engine that will charge both batteries.
- Had a new vinyl tonneau cover made for the top. My attempts to make it out
of fibreglass failed: too heavy, bulky, hard to store. Went back to the original stretchy-style.
- Put in new seatbelts
- I made a printed circuit board (PCB) with a PIC MCU on board to control how my
split hood operates. Currently I open the hood with two switches, but with this gizmo I'll be able to send out one command
from a remote control that will open both sides of the hood, in sequence. Go Here for
photos, link to video, PCB artwork, schematic, and program. (It works on the bench)